Found van, need some quick tips

Alles over het zelf (in)bouwen van een kampeerauto.
tore

Found van, need some quick tips

Bericht door tore »

So found what appears to be ideal for a 1st camper Project. 

Ducato, L2H2, 145K km, manual 74Kw, 101hp,

I need to decide tomorrow morning.

Due to private e ownership (1 owner), I don't even have to pay VAT on it. So it's a lower risk option for me as 1st project. 

It is old thought, seats def needs replacing (ugly and worn) , a bit rust around the side door slide, so that I need to fix. Under it looked allot better than the 2012 i looked at earlier today. 

Horribly noisy from 90km/r, unbearable at 120. So they will check for wheel bearings etc. It could be the roof rack roller perhaps. Otherwise seems to drive well. Will have it checked by a third party. 

I get with mot and minor repairs, new windscreen and new tires. 6500K euros, total. 

Any reason I should not buy it?

What do I definitely need to check?

The roof rack and ladder is steel, keep or get rid of due to weight? I only need a couple solar panels up there. 

I know it's old, but the next option is a 2013 with similar milage at more than double price due to BTW and BPM. 

Opinions, tips please ? I'm deciding tomorrow morning with the condition that if expensive repairs are found I will not buy it. They agreed to this condition. 
IMG_20190816_135716.jpg
IMG_20190816_135716.jpg (205.79 KiB) 881 keer bekeken
Bijlagen
IMG-20190816-WA0008.jpeg
IMG-20190816-WA0008.jpeg (170.42 KiB) 881 keer bekeken
EasyBee

Re: Found van, need some quick tips

Bericht door EasyBee »

Did you check the registration plate at www.rdw.nl ?
Is it at the first tab behind J : Voertuigcategorie Personenauto (M1) ?
Laatst gewijzigd door EasyBee op za 17 aug 2019, 9:26, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Hymer B694 op Ducato 230 2.5 TDI met AL-KO tandem as chassis.
tore

Bericht door tore »

It does say it's a company car. The seller was quite sure it has no BTW. He said it's a VVE that owned it, so considered private.

Weirdly it says bruto BPM 10K, but catalogue price of zero :think:
JTG

Bericht door JTG »

It has been said a couple of times now; check RDW website for the license plate and check category J
I would not go by the car salesmen who are 'quite sure that'....

If not M1 then add 10K BPM minus age (of the van) deductable amount: https://belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/conn ... aire_tabel
tore

Bericht door tore »

Indeed it has, and I have also checked as you can see. I even checked together with him. Its a rather large company that sells allot of vans ( Kleyn Vans BV) I expect to pay 800 euros in remaining BPM. But the BTW is surely the sellers responsibility? If the company says there is no BTW, and gives me the price; That should be it i would think?

I never before saw 0 catalog price at RDW before, but that's just a mistake I guess.

Anyway, thanks
Laatst gewijzigd door Dafluc op za 17 aug 2019, 9:24, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Reden: Onnodige quote verwijderd.
JTG

Bericht door JTG »

Sorry I missed that you checked already and did not find M1.
The 0 you found on the website of the RDW is because back then that was not registered, no worries.
VAT is sellers responsibility indeed (if they say there is no VAT it only means you could not claim it back (if you were that 1 man IT company).
(!BPM on a van <5 years old too!)
pwhooftman

Bericht door pwhooftman »

JTG schreef:
vr 16 aug 2019, 22:29
(!BPM on a van <5 years old too!)
No! Only when buying a company van ánd keeping it registered as a company van is paying BPM restricted to 5 years. As soon as you request the van to be registeted as a personenauto, BPM goes way further back, as the belastingdienst tabel shows.

Cant think of a reason why this is registered as a personenauto, are you absolutely sure?
JTG

Bericht door JTG »

Yes! that is exactly what I write, but maybe not that clear. :wink: The seller is responsible for the dealing VAT and with the BPM the first 5 years of the van's life span, after that the buyer is responsible for the BPM when he turns it into a camper van and then the BPM deduction table I linked to applies.
tore

Bericht door tore »

[/quote]
Cant think of a reason why this is registered as a personenauto, are you absolutely sure?
[/quote]

According to RDW it is a company car, so I have concluded I'm gonna have to pay around 800 euros BPM after RDW camper inspection, but not worried about the BTW. If they say their price is the total, I'm good with that. Just bought the van under condition of no major issue found.
With new tyres, APK (obviously), new front window, new battery and small repairs as needed and service l. Having a mechanic going to check it Monday morning. Then probably go pick it up next weekend 😁
JTG

Bericht door JTG »

Congrats! Now the real fun of converting can (almost) start. :wink:
tore

Bericht door tore »

Just went to ikea and get the 30 Euro Skorva bed frame, and picked laminate floor (10 euro) and a lightweight table board (3.50) from the "scrap" corner.

Now im starting to think weight for the RDW inspection.

The company in buying from will remove the roof rail and bulkhead. But now I'm thinking about the tow-bar. Is it worth to take that off as well? It could come in handy later for bike rack for example, and even towing trailer.

Is it worth removing it temporarily for weight? Difficult to install again etc?

I'm seeing the difference is around 10 euro per 100kg per 3 months.

Opinions? Maybe I'm overthinking this haha.
JTG

Bericht door JTG »

Sure can try to go the RDW with the lowest weight possible to save some money in road tax today. However do be aware that for every 100kg increase in weigth you officially have to pass by the RDW office again. You can guess why that is.....

There are checks (though not often) and if caught you need to demonstrate the ‘empty’ weight of an empty vehicle. It would be a bit of a ‘thing’ if that means to wreck your nicely built interior to avoid the fine.

Tax fines are usually the difference times 2 over the full period.

So to me you are overthinking this but in my view the wrong way around :wink:
It’s better to take the tow bar eg. off after getting caught to reduce weight (we are probably all overweigted) than to tear down the cabinets.
tore

Bericht door tore »

Ahh, yeah that are some good points. I'll leave the towbar :) Thanks
EasyBee

Bericht door EasyBee »

If I'm correctly informed it's now registered as bedrijfswagen/bedrijfsauto.
You want to go to the RDW to register it as a personenwagen for use as a personenwagen for use as a kampeerauto.
These are the rules to have it registered as personenauto for use as a kampeerauto.
https://www.rdw.nl/particulier/voertuig ... tingseisen
That's more than just putting a bed in there and a laminate floor.

If you want to go the full Monty and have the Belastingdienst (Tax Department) accept it as a kampeerwagen/kampeerauto (mobile home/campervan) the rules are even stricter, but you 'll pay less tax.
Their rules and regulations https://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/ ... uto_camper
Hymer B694 op Ducato 230 2.5 TDI met AL-KO tandem as chassis.
Plaats reactie