Hello :)

Alles over het zelf (in)bouwen van een kampeerauto.
Plaats reactie
tore

Hello :)

Bericht door tore »

Hi There, Sorry for the english. My dutch is not quite up to par yet. But obviously feel free to reply in dutch.

Norwegian living in NL.

Looking to finally getting a van to convert myself, and spending allot of time now to make plans.

My plan is to buy a Fiat Ducato L2 (or possibly L3), with less than 100K. And then give myself half a years or so to convert it, i may be able to work on it full time for 2-3 months next year.

I've read up on the requirements to have it registered as a camper (RDW and belastingdients), and that see,ms clear. However the road tax while still not a camper looks to be quite insane. (private person with Bedrijfswagen). So what I am thinking is to unregister it with RDW while doing the work, and renting a spot on private property to park it while working on it. I do realize i will be without insurance though.

Is this a viable plan? Or is the cost of re-register and camper inspection when its finished to expensive and complicated? Or any better way of going about this? Paying almost 300 euros a month road tax while doing the conversion seems a bit waste.

And a second question, is there any specific codes or standard for the 12v (or 24) electrical installation required. I know in UK there is a "code", is there something similar here? Ive attached my preliminary plans for the electrical. (Its a rather expensive plan though, I've estimated around 4000 euro. Looks like I save quite a bit by ordering some stuff from UK and DE. But I want to be able to go go for a few days without "connecting" when flyfishing in Norway) )

I have started on allot of other plans as well, but I'll try keep this on subject.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, and again sorry for the english.

Here is my current plans for the electrical:
Afbeelding

Edit, image doesnt seem to show. Here it is https://ibb.co/Xx4SzhK
Laatst gewijzigd door tore op di 16 jul 2019, 18:08, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
veetee

Re: Hello :)

Bericht door veetee »

Hallo en welkom. Mooie plannen.
Je kunt je voertuig “schorsen” (a kind of temporarely “un-registering”): https://www.rdw.nl/particulier/voertuig ... -aanvragen
Je hoeft dan geen wegenbelasting te betalen. Verzekeren is dan ook niet verplicht, maar misschien toch aan te raden, er kan tijdens de conversie natuurlijk wel wat ongelukkigs gebeuren.

En, je schijnt nogal veel tijd in één jaar te hebben, 203 maanden... ik zou zo ook wel wat meer (vrije) tijd willen hebben... :lol:
tore

Bericht door tore »

hahaha :) Fixed that. Yeah 200+ months a year would be awesome.

Many thanks, I believe that is almost what I am looking for. Although a full year is a bit much.

Edit:
"Kan ik de schorsing eerder beëindigen?
Ja dat kan. Hieraan zijn geen kosten verbonden."

:clap:

dank je :D
BOKKIE
Contacteer:

Bericht door BOKKIE »

Hai Torre,

You are always welcome to visit me in Friesland. I have build several MotorHomes.

A tip from me:
Change the power supply for the LAS 1218-2, its a combined charger (3Amps) and power supply (18Amps).
Delete the Victron 230VAc charger.
Just connect the two wires PLUS and NEG tot the MH battery, keep it always simple.

If you will use a compressor fridge you can't switch the power (from MH battery to power supply), the fridge will go in a error.
An absorption fridge doesn't have this problem, but you have to cut holes for cooling the fridge in the van. Also there is no normal use of the 12Volt DC connection, just for driving from A to B.

You will use 50mm2 cables? NONSENSE! 25mm2 is enough! Practical use 16mm2.
(THIS IS ALWAYS A HEAVY DISCUSSION POINT, but tested it in several motorhomes and its OK.)
Just check all the connections on the equipment you are using. THEY ARE SMALLER THEN 50mm2!
For example the connections on the CYRIX 80Amps is M6, this means that the connections are 28mm2, check this yourself please.
Imagine HOW BIG the connections are on the 50mm2 cables, you CAN NOT connect this on the equipment you are using.

From the alternator you are using a 40Amps FUSE, it's OK, better is a 60Amps use so called MAXI Fuse.
The 200Amps to the elektrical users is TO MUCH, also use a maxi fuse of 60Amps (maximum)
This is also practical because you are using for both circuits the same fuse.
BUT: Use a seperate FUSE Box for a group of users.
If you are using an INVERTER 12Volt DC to 230Volt AC just connect this inverter DIRECTLY to the MH battery en use the 200Amps fuse.
But think about it what you want to connect to an INVERTER.
SIMPLE rule: The WATTs you NEED on the 230Volt AC output, has to come from the 12Volt DC INPUT.
So a water cooker: ca. 2000Watts eq to 8,6Amps on 230Volt AC: this means 2000Watts eq to 166Amps on 12Volt DC.
Good luck,

Haije.
FIAT DUCATO WEINSBERG CARA-COMPACT 600MF (PEPPER)
VW GOLF 8 1,0ltr TSI, bj 2021
SUZUKI GT750 L bj 1975 (gereed)
SUZUKI GT750 M bj 1975 (gereed)
SUZUKI GT750 M bj 1975 (gereed)
SUZUKI GT750 A bj 1975 (gereed)
Plaats reactie